Join Our Team
Welcome! The City of Pittsburg offers challenging employment opportunities to people interested in careers in public service at the municipal level. Positions are periodically available and offer qualified applicants a variety of opportunities to develop careers in their areas of interest.
Meet our Team!
Making a difference every day…
At the City of Pittsburg we work and play hard. A career or seasonal job with the City offers a variety of opportunities to learn, grow and shine. Here's what makes our team fun and special.
Recreation Programs Manager - Pittsburg P
Stormwater Collections Superintendent
The City of Pittsburg offers a wide variety of competitive benefits for all qualifying employees, including:
- Medical (including telehealth options), Vision, Dental and Prescription Coverage
- Annual Health and Safety Fair
- Parks & Recreational activities and fitness classes, Biking and Walking Trails system, Aquatics facilities, Golf course and more
- Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides six free private counseling sessions, and Teladoc Therapy is offered 24/7
- Aflac offers a variety of supplemental insurance (accident, critical illness, hospitalization, short-term disability)
- AirMed provides medical life flight coverage
- Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS), Kansas Police & Fireman’s Retirement System (KP&F), and Deferred compensation 457 and IRA retirement plans available through Empower Retirement and ICMA. Licensed financial advisors host classes and individual appointments to discuss retirement needs.
- Standard Life and KPERS provide life insurance coverage, as well as long term disability (LTD) and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D).
- Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Military Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- The city provides up to $3,000 per year for tuition. Professional development and training also available.
- Through our payroll provider, ADP, LifeMart provides our employees with discounts on nationally recognized brand-name products and services and local retailers. Categories include, but are not limited to: travel, electronics, tickets, family care, wellness, home and auto, financial and legal, apparel, flowers and gifts, and restaurants.
- The City recognizes 11 paid holidays each year: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday.
- Annual Employee Service Recognition Awards Breakfast, Employee Appreciation Week, Fall Football, ArtWalk Festivals, Little Balkans Days, Paint the Town Red, Pittsburg State University programs, Badges and Burgers cookout, Battle of the Badges, annual Christmas Luncheon and more!
Search All Jobs
The City of Pittsburg is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the policy of the city that all applicants for employment shall be given fair and equal consideration, regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or national origin, except that minimum age limits imposed by law are observed. If selected for employment a prospective employee must provide proof of Untied States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 and meet our applicable pre-employment qualifications.