City of Pittsburg Fire Testing
Date: July 10th, 2021
Location: Fire Station 1 – 911 W 4th Street, Pittsburg, KS 66762
Time: Written Test – 9:00 AM (2 hour limit)
Physical Agility Test: Immediately Following Written
Perform fire suppression and fire prevention work and provide emergency medical service for the protection of health, life and property by responding to fire, emergency medical and hazardous incidents, water rescue related emergencies and automobile accidents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform firefighting tasks participating in fire ground tactical fire operations, rescuing occupants from burning structures; water rescue, hazardous incidents, automobile accidents, etc.
- Respond to emergency medical calls providing medical treatment to preserve life and reduce severity of injuries to the public.
- Perform fire prevention and inspection duties and take action to address problems.
- Tour buildings in assigned fire response zone and pre-plan actions in case of fire or other emergency.
- Attend and participate in fire and EMS training activities in order to maintain skills and keep abreast of new techniques in firefighting and emergencies.
- Maintain all equipment used in firefighting, EMS and specialty rescue response in ready condition on assigned apparatus.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of vehicles, equipment, living quarters, fire station and surrounding grounds at the assigned station and for notifying the Captain (supervisor) of any safety hazards or other problems with the structure or contents.
- Participate in community events at schools, parades; Talk to individuals and small groups about fire prevention topics and give tours of the fire station as requested.
- Answer station telephone providing information and taking messages as necessary.