Under the direct supervision of the Youth Services Supervisor
Please submit resume and schedule of availability with application
Afternoons/Evenings & Weekends required
Part-time: 15-20 hours/week
Starting pay range: $10:00–$10.50 hour
Definition of Work:
This is a part-time position in the library’s Youth Services Department, assisting patrons in locating library materials and using the computers, software, and online resources available in the department. The Youth Services Assistant also helps plan and assist with Youth Services programs and activities. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and ready to offer excellent customer service to patrons of all ages.
- Using the library’s automated catalog system to locate and retrieve materials.
- Helping with Youth Services programs and activities
- Answering the telephone and greeting patrons
- Answering questions about the library’s programs and services
- Maintaining the Youth Services Department by keeping it clean and organized
- Adhering to and enforcing library policies and procedures
- Undertake other functions and duties as required