City of Pittsburg closes city offices to the public
City Press Releases
March 17, 2020
PITTSBURG, KS – The City of Pittsburg is taking additional measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), including temporarily suspending public access to city administrative offices.
Effective March 18, 2020, the following city facilities will be closed to the public:
- City Hall, 201 W. 4th St.
- Pittsburg Public Housing Authority, 216 N. Broadway, Ste. G
- Pittsburg Parks & Recreation Department office, 710 W. 9th St.
- Four Oaks Golf Course Club House, 910 Memorial Dr.
The City of Pittsburg provides many services over the phone and online, and encourages people to use these convenient resources.
Paying your water utility bill:
- Online at pittks.org.
- Over the phone at (620) 231-4100 to use the City’s 24/7 automated system.
- With a check or cash using the drop box on the south side of City Hall at 201 W. 4th St., or mail their payment to P.O. Box 688, Pittsburg, KS 66762.
To speak to a customer service specialist, call (620) 231-4100 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Starting new water utility services: The City is waiving the requirement that customers come to City Hall in person to create a new account or start new water service. Call (620) 231-4100 to speak to a Customer Service Representative.
Business licenses can be obtained online at pittks.org. For assistance, call Customer Service at (620) 231-4100.
Building permits can be obtained online at pittks.org. For assistance, call the Public Works Department at (620) 231-4170.
Apply for Section 8 rental assistance at pittks.org. For assistance, call the Pittsburg Public Housing Authority office at (620) 232-1210.
To reserve park facilities or register for recreation programs, call the Pittsburg Parks & Recreation Department at (620) 231-8310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash or check transactions can be made using the drop box located on the south side of City Hall, at 201 W. 4th St.
For up-to-date information about COVID-19, go to the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: http://www.kdheks.gov.
The mission of the City of Pittsburg is to provide exceptional services, facilities and activities with integrity, professionalism, excellent customer service and a commitment to economic vitality.