Section 8 Rental Assistance
The Pittsburg Public Housing Authority (PHA) offers housing subsidies for rental units within the city limits of Pittsburg, Kansas, upon availability of funding.
Section 8 Rental Assistance
- What will this program pay for?
- This program will pay a portion of your rent, based on your income and family size
- How is eligibility determined?
- Eligibility is determined by your income and household size, and you must be a U.S. citizen or a specified category of non-citizen.
- Rental units must meet minimum housing quality standards
- What are the income limits?
- 50% of Area Median Income
- What if I have been arrested or convicted of a crime?
- Be prepared to show documentation that you have fulfilled the requirements of the courts
- How long can I expect to wait for this service?
- 30-45 days from time of application (Subject to change depending on funding)
- If I have received this service in the past, am I still eligible?
- Yes. If you owe money to any Public Housing Authority (PHA), a repayment plan must be in place.
Be sure to type all information correctly and offer a mailing address where you will receive mail.
- Visit pittsburgks.housingmanager.com
- Click “Apply for Housing”
- Enter information for the Head of Household:
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Last Name
- Click “Get Started”
- Choose the “Section 8” program
- Follow all instructions. Enter the information for each member of your household, answer each question, fill in all required comment boxes, if prompted,
- Click “Terms of Agreement” at the end of the application
- Click “Submit Application” Once the application has been successfully submitted, you will see a confirmation screen
What to expect after you submit your initial application:
After successfully submitting your application, the Public Housing Authority will mail a letter to the mailing address provided in the application, confirming that your name has been added to the Wait List of the housing program for which you applied.
At this time, please start gathering Valid Driver License/ID’s, Birth Certificate/Records, and Social Security Cards for everyone in the household.
**NOTE**Being placed on the Wait List does not mean you or your household is eligible, it simply means the PHA has received your application. You are placed on the Wait List by date and time the PHA receives the completed online application.
Area Median Income Limits
**Effective Date: June 1, 2022
|Household Size||50% Area Median Income|
**Effective Date: January 1, 2023
|Household Size||Payment Standard||Fair Market Rent|
Violence Against Women Act
Know Your Rights
New Landlord Guidance Manual
Community Development & Housing Department
216 N. Broadway St., Suite G.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm