If you need to report an in-progress or high priority crime, call 9-1-1.
If you have information about a crime, call 620-231-TIPS.
The focus of the Pittsburg Police Department is to provide excellent, consistent customer service while fulfilling the traditional law enforcement role of community safety and security. We reaffirm our commitment to be a helpful, viable force in the community. Paramount to the success of any community policing initiative is community involvement. Our goal is to foster mutual trust and encourage everyone to participate more fully in our community.
The Pittsburg Police Department is a small, municipal agency comprised of 52 sworn officers and 27 civilian personnel. The chief of police serves as the chief executive officer of the department and is charged with the responsibility of achieving the overall objectives of the agency.
AAA Community Traffic Safety Awards
- Platinum Award Winner – 2020
- Platinum Award Winner – 2019
- Platinum Award Winner – 2018
- Platinum Award Winner – 2017
- Platinum Award Winner – 2016
- Platinum Award Winner – 2015
- Platinum Award Winner – 2014
- Platinum Award Winner – 2013
- Platinum Award Winner – 2012
- Gold Award Winner – 2011
Kansas Special Olympics
- Kansas Special Olympics Highest Fundraising Team – 2016
- Kansas Special Olympics Highest Fundraising Team – 2015
39th Annual Governor’s Conference for the Prevention of Child Abuse
- 2015 Award for Exemplary Service to Children and Families