City-wide bulky item pick up scheduled for July 18
City Press Releases
July 1, 2022
****Registration for this event is now closed****
PITTSBURG, KS – The City of Pittsburg will conduct a bulky item pick up on Monday, July 18.
Items to be picked up should be placed on the curb no sooner than 8:00 am Saturday, July 16, and no later than 8:00 am Monday, July 18. Items must be in front of the listed address against the street curb. For residences with ditches, please place items at edge of driveway on flat, level ground.
- Mattresses or Box Springs
- Recliners, Lounge Chairs and Couches
- Wooden Furniture (Dressers, Shelving, Etc.)
Items NOT accepted:
- Limbs or brush
- General household waste or trash
- Carpets or flooring
- Lumber, gypsum product, or construction debris of any kind
- Electronic waste such as TVs, computers, etc.
- Hazardous waste
- White Goods (refrigerators, hot water tanks, washers, dryers, etc..)
Items not accepted that are left out will not be picked up and will be considered a code violation if left on the curb after three days. Bulky items not registered in the system by the July 14 deadline will not be picked up.