City seeks volunteers to serve on citizen advisory boards
City Press Releases
November 19, 2020
PITTSBURG, KS – The City of Pittsburg is seeking volunteers to apply for several open positions on its citizen advisory boards beginning in 2021.
Pittsburg’s citizen advisory boards provide important public input and recommendations to the city commission regarding issues affecting the city and its residents. Those interested in being considered for these positions must submit their completed applications to the city clerk’s office by Monday, November 30 at noon. The Pittsburg City Commission is expected to appoint new board members during their first regularly-scheduled commission meeting in December.
- Active Transportation Advisory Board – The city is seeking to fill one position with a representative from a non-profit that promotes a healthy lifestyle. Members serve four-year terms. APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/3fjDi2g
- Airport Advisory Board – The city is seeking to fill one position with a representative who is an airport user. Members serve three-year terms. APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/3nCyWWI
- Board of Zoning Appeals/Planning Commission – The city is seeking applicants to fill one at-large position on the Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission boards. Members serve three-year terms. Applicants seeking to fill this position must live inside the city limits of Pittsburg. APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/3fde1qg
- Building Code Board of Appeals/Building Trades Review Board – The city is seeking to fill one open position for a licensed architect. Members serve three-year terms. APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/3kJLlpS
- Downtown Advisory Board – The city is seeking to fill the following open positions: one land owner and two at-large members. Members serve two-year terms. APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/3pFAQro
- Land Bank Board of Trustees – The city is seeking to fill one at-large position. Members serve three-year terms. APPLY HERE: http://bit.ly/2X3FeST
- Memorial Auditorium Advisory Board – The city is seeking applicants to fill two at-large positions on the Memorial Auditorium Advisory Board. The representatives will serve as residents of the city of Pittsburg. Members serve four-year terms. APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/3fo9OAp
- Sustainability Advisory Committee – Two at-large positions are open on the Sustainability Advisory Committee. Members serve two-year terms. APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/32Z8wGR
For more information, please contact City Clerk Tammy Nagel at (620) 230-5532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the City of Pittsburg is to provide exceptional services, facilities and activities with integrity, professionalism, excellent customer service and a commitment to economic vitality.