Outbreak At Wilderness: Zombie Survival 5K
Saturday, October 28th | Lincoln Park, Pittsburg, KS
This is no ordinary race, participants will need to out run the creatures and being wandering Lincoln Park! That’s right, the Zombie and their friends have invaded Lincoln Park in Pittsburg, Kansas.
How It Works
- Upon arrival and check in at the registration site, you will receive a flag belt with 3 “Life” flags on it. Wear one flag on each hip and one behind you.
- Zombies and the creatures around the Lincoln Park course will attempt to take your flags and eat your brains. Each Zombie may only take 1 “Life” flag.
- You are not allowed to touch any Zombies or creatures on the course. Our creatures are specially trained and will only go after your flags!
- Even if you are infected and lose all of your “Life” flags, you can still finish the race. You will not turn into a Zombie if you lose all of your flags and you cannot attack or take flags from others. Doing this will result in a violation of the rules and you will be disqualified from winning any prizes.
- If you make it to the finish line with at least 1 “Life” flag, you will be named a Zombie Survivor and have a chance to win a prize! If you lose all of your flags, the Zombie will have won!
- Do not hide “Life” flags under clothes or tuck them in any way; those cheating will be thrown to the Zombies first!
- Children under the age of 12 years old are allowed to run BUT they must be accompanied by a registered participant over the age of 18 years of age.
- The first 50 participants registered will receive a FREE Zombie Survival 5K t-shirt. Shirts are not guaranteed after September 29th.
All entry fees are non-refundable.
|Early Bird: September 1st – October 6th||$15||$25|
|Regular Rate: October 7th – October 20th||$20||$30|
|Late Registration: October 21st – October 28th||$25||$35|
*Shirts and sizes not guaranteed after September 29th*
What Do You Get
- Zombie Survival 5K Race Pack
- Racing Bib
- 3 “Life” Flags
- Unique Finisher Medal
- Live Entertainment
- Tons of friends that are just as crazy as you are
Waves will start every 20 minutes on race day. You will be asked which wave time you would like to enter when you register. Each runner should check in at the registration/check-in location 30 minutes prior to their wave start time and the start line 10 minutes prior their wave start time. Runners will check-in one final time prior to beginning the race of survival for their lives. A wave will leave the start line every 20 minutes with up to 50-60 humans per wave.
This event doesn’t happen without the help of our amazing volunteers! We use volunteers for registration, course guards, Zombies and much more! If you are interested in volunteering to help at the event, please click the volunteer link below. For more information regarding how you can help, please email Sara Vacca, Recreation Superintendent, at email@example.com.
Check out the questions below as these may help to answer any of your lingering questions!
- How do I register?
- What does the fee include?
- How can I register to be a Zombie?
- What if it rains?
- How much does it cost?
- When should I arrive on the day of the run?
- Do I need a signed waiver?
- What should I bring?
- Can I bring my pet?
- Can I push a stroller through the course?
- Are there age divisions?
- How old do you need to be to participate?
- What about pictures?
- Will I still get a medal if I lose all my “life” flags?
- Will the Zombies hurt me?
- How many Zombies will be on the course?
- Is this race timed?
- Is there a limited time to finish the race?
- What if I want to be an event sponsor?
- Other questions?
Parks & Recreation
710 W. 9th St.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Phone: (620) 231-8310