Pittsburg City Commission meeting recap – June 22, 2021
City Press Releases
June 24, 2021
PITTSBURG, KS – The following actions were taken during the Pittsburg City Commission meeting held on June 22, 2021:
- Public Input
- Pastor Mark Chambers shared a prayer of invocation.
Commissioners approved the following items under the consent agenda:
- The June 8, 2021, City Commission Meeting minutes.
- The request submitted by Angie Hadley, Program Coordinator for the Restorative Justice Authority, to reappoint Pat Pence to an additional three-year term as a member of the Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board (JCAB).
- The staff request to apply to the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation’s (KHRC) Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) program for a grant in the amount of $100,000 to be used to provide security deposit assistance to income eligible households and authorization for the Mayor to sign the appropriate documents on behalf of the City.
- The Appropriation Ordinance for the period ending June 22, 2021, subject to the release of HUD expenditures when funds are received.
The following items were removed from the consent agenda for further discussion and approved:
- Ordinance No. S-1080 levying a special assessment against lots or parcels of land on which a public nuisance was located to pay the cost of abating the nuisance, and authorize the Mayor to sign the Ordinance on behalf of the City.
- Ordinance No. S-1081 levying a special assessment against lots or parcels of land on which refuse matter was located to pay the cost of making the premises safe and hygienic, and authorize the Mayor to sign the Ordinance on behalf of the City.
- Ordinance No. S-1082 levying a special assessment against lots or parcels of land on which existed weeds or obnoxious vegetable growth to pay the cost of cutting or removing said growth, and authorize the Mayor to sign the Ordinance on behalf of the City.
THERE WERE NO SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
THERE WERE NO ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION ON THE AGENDA
THERE WERE NO NON-AGENDA REPORTS OR REQUESTS
City Commission Meetings:
The Pittsburg City Commission meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm, inside the Beard-Shanks Law Enforcement Center courtroom.
City commission meetings are broadcast live on the City’s local government access channels (Cox channel 6 and Craw-Kan channel 406) and on YouTube. To subscribe to the City’s YouTube channel, go to www.pittks.org/youtube. To learn more about the Pittsburg city government, city commissioners, or to view meeting agendas and minutes, visit pittks.org/city-government/city-commission.
The mission of the City of Pittsburg is to provide exceptional services, facilities and activities with integrity, professionalism, excellent customer service and a commitment to economic vitality.