Officers combat drinking and driving
Police Department Press Release
August 7, 2019
You Drink. You Drive. You Lose.
Citizens are advised that during the period, August 15 through Labor Day, September 2, The Pittsburg Police Department will join almost 190 other local and state police agencies across Kansas in a crackdown aimed at removing drunk and other drugged drivers from the roadways. You Drink. You Drive. You Lose., is underwritten by the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT).
According to Police Chief Brent Narges, this enforcement campaign is intended to remind drivers of several things:
- If you’re going to drink alcohol away from home, do it responsibly.
- Check your medications for driving warnings.
- A DUI arrest can cost you thousands and, in the case of alcohol, will result in the installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
- We are asking all citizens on the roadways to watch for suspicious driving behaviors.
- You can count on this department to vigorously enforce impaired driving and other traffic laws, not just during this enforcement campaign but all through the year.
- Always remember that your best protection against an impaired driver (even when it’s you) is the use of seat belts and appropriate child restraints – every trip, every time.