In close collaboration with, and on a day-to-day basis, conducts the following with the Technical Director:
– Determines allocation of duties and schedule for other crew members.
– Discusses and understands the show concepts with the designer and/or TD
– Assist in developing comprehensive build calendar for each production.
– Assist TD and GM in administration and supervision of all safety systems.
– Assist with Load-In and Strike for all shows assigned.
– Assist in Daily operations of events
– Prepare, setup, and teardown of Auditorium equipment
– Participate in all technical and staff meetings
– Assist with drafting when needed and proof all working design drawings
– Assist with keeping work space stocked with necessary production materials and supplies.
– For the duration of COVID-19, must assist with the cleaning of the facility
*Regular attendance is an essential function of this job. Varied Hours including evening and weekends.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates computerized lighting and sound systems for events.
- Operates Video Switcher for Livestreaming and/or recording events
- Designs and hangs lighting for events as per artist specifications.
- Design and setup of sound reinforcement.
- Recommends to Technical Director staffing requirements for events in the Auditorium
- Ensures the Auditorium and stage are in a constant state of readiness for oncoming stage events and performances.
- Assist Auditorium staff and volunteers in placement and operations of lighting and sound equipment.
- Coordinates stage volunteers and additional auditorium technical staff.
- Oversees performances and rehearsals on stage as assigned.
- Ensure safety on the stage during performance.
- Performs general maintenance and light repair on equipment. Assist in more complex repairs, maintenance and other related duties as required as assigned by the Technical Director.
- Assists in assembly or construction of set for incoming events
- Constructs scenery; including understanding working drawings/elevations, cut lists, construction methods; pneumatics, hand tools, power tools, adhesives, foams, etc. Strong carpentry skills are required.