Rural Housing Incentive District
The City of Pittsburg has established a Rural Housing Incentive District (RHID) to incentivize the creation of new housing within the City limits. The RHID is designed to aid developers to build housing in rural communities. The RHID will capture 100% of the incremental increase in real property taxes and reimburse those funds to the developer over a 25 year period.
Permitted uses for RHID reimbursements include the following:
- Certain land acquisition cost
- Payment of relocation assistance
- Site preparation
- Sanitary and storm sewers and lift stations
- Drainage conduits, channels, and levees
- Street grading, paving, curbs, and gutters
- Street lighting
- Underground public and limited private utilities
- Water mains and extensions
Maps of RHID Properties
For more information about the Rural Housing Incentive District, please contact the Director of Community Development and Housing Department.
Director of Community Development & Housing
201 W. 4th St.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Phone: (620) 230-5550
Fax: (620) 232-3453