The Farmers Market Advisory Board is comprised of seven (7) volunteer members, who are appointed by the City Commission.
Three (3) appointees to the board are current dues-paying vendors at the Pittsburg Area Farmers Market. One (1) appointee is a member of Eat Well/Live Well Crawford County or a similar organization. One (1) appointee shall be a current member of the Growing Growers program at the Southeast Kansas Career and Technical Education Center of Crawford Count (CTEC), one (1) shall be a current employee of the Kansas State Research and Extension office (Wildcat Extension District), and one (1) shall be a current member of the Downtown Advisory Board.
Preference may be given to any applicant residing in the City of Pittsburg.
Meeting Time and Location
Third Tuesday of each month
201 W. 4th St.
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. To obtain meeting minutes and agendas, please contact the City Clerk.
Membership Period: March 14, 2017, to December 31, 2018
- Darren Swartz (Vendor), unexpired term
- Dana Parsons (Vendor), first term
- Charlie Phillips (Vendor), first term
Membership period: March 14, 2017, to December 31, 2019
- Chuckie Hessong (Growing Growers), first term
- Amanda Marney (K-State), first term
- Alicia Shoemaker (Live Well Crawford County), first term
- Brad Snow (Downtown Advisory Board), first term