Apply To Be A Firefighter
Requirements for employment:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Firefighter I and II preferred at time of employment and mandatory within twelve months.
- EMT-B preferred at time of employment and mandatory with twelve months.
- Successful completion of the Tri-State Fire Recruitment Alliance exam.
The application process has two parts:
1. Completion of the City of Pittsburg application.
Individuals who are interested in becoming a Pittsburg Firefighter should complete and submit an application to the Human Resources Department at City Hall, 201 W. 4th Street. The application can also be accessed online.Apply Online
2. Successful completion of the Tri-State Fire Recruitment Alliance exam.
The Pittsburg Fire Department is a member of the Tri-State Fire Recruitment Alliance. The Alliance periodically conducts pre-employment written and physical ability testing (PAT) to establish a hiring pool for future hirings for a 12-month period. You may click below to learn more about the Tri-State Fire Recruitment Alliance and the next testing date.Visit Tri-State Fire Recruitment Alliance
911 W. 4th St.
Pittsburg, KS 66762