Pittsburg City Commission meeting recap – June 8, 2021
City Press Releases
June 10, 2021
PITTSBURG, KS – The following actions were taken during the Pittsburg City Commission meeting held on June 8, 2021:
- Public Input
- Father Jerome shared a prayer of invocation.
A moment of silence was observed for retired Pittsburg Fire Department Captain, Mike Semones, who passed away in a car accident on June 4.
Commissioners approved the following items under the consent agenda:
- The May 25, 2021, City Commission Meeting minutes.
- The Appropriation Ordinance for the period ending June 8, 2021, subject to the release of HUD expenditures when funds are received.
No items were removed from the consent agenda for further discussion.
- FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST – Finance Director Larissa Bowman and Deputy Finance Director Joe Wimmer provided information regarding the City’s five year financial forecast.
Commissioners considered the following items on the agenda:
- FINAL PLAT – E & J INVESTMENTS – Commissioners approved the recommendation of the Planning Commission/Board of Zoning Appeals to approve the Final Plat submitted by E & J Investments of Pittsburg, Kansas, for the property located on the north side of the 1900 Block of East Centennial (Wellington Springs).
- PARTIAL MORTGAGE RELEASES AND WAIVERS OF RIGHT OF REPURCHASE – SILVERBACK HOUSING DEVELOPMENT – Commissioners voted to approve staff recommendation to approve Partial Release of Mortgage documents and Waivers of Right of Repurchase for Lot Number 15 and Lot Number 16 in Silverback Landing, located in the Silverback housing development, as Arvest Bank, the primary lender for the project, took first position on the loan, with the City securing a second position on the P & L property until the loan is repaid in December 2023.
- DISASTER RECOVERY TECHNICAL SYSTEM – Commissioners voted to approve staff recommendation to enter into an agreement with ConvergeOne for services totaling $32,563.00 to prepare and install equipment to establish a secure, remote disaster recovery site, and to approve payment of invoices totaling $196,554.00 for hardware, software and maintenance for a period of four years.
NON-AGENDA REPORTS & REQUESTS:
- Parks & Recreation Director, Kim Vogel, gave an update on the City’s plans to celebrate 4th of July with events scheduled for July 3 and 4.
- President of Little Balkans Festival Association, Angela Meyer, gave an update of events for Little Balkans Day Festival to be held August 30 – September 4.
- City Manager, Daron Hall, expressed gratitude to Matt Bacon and Chris Farinacci for providing a tour for the commissioners at the Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- Mayor Munsell inquired about information on the Pittsburg Job Fair and feedback from those who attended.
City Commission Meetings:
The Pittsburg City Commission meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm, inside the Beard-Shanks Law Enforcement Center courtroom.
City commission meetings are broadcast live on the City’s local government access channels (Cox channel 6 and Craw-Kan channel 406) and on YouTube. To subscribe to the City’s YouTube channel, go to www.pittks.org/youtube. To learn more about the Pittsburg city government, city commissioners, or to view meeting agendas and minutes, visit pittks.org/city-government/city-commission.
The mission of the City of Pittsburg is to provide exceptional services, facilities and activities with integrity, professionalism, excellent customer service and a commitment to economic vitality.