Pittsburg City Commission Meeting Recap – Jan. 10
City Press Releases
January 12, 2023
PITTSBURG, KS – The following actions were taken at the Pittsburg City Commission meeting held on Tuesday, January 10, 2023:
- Mark Chambers shared a prayer of invocation.
Commissioners voted to approve the following under the consent agenda:
- The December 13, 2022, City Commission Meeting minutes.
- Staff recommendation to add Arvest Bank to the list of Official City Depositories.
- Cereal Malt Beverage License application submitted by Jennifer Neisler for The Corner Patio, LLC, located at 919 North Broadway.
- The application submitted by Kyle Mullen to renew the Dance Hall License for 5th Street Bar & Grill, located at 111 West 5th Street.
- Staff recommendation to appoint Bill Wachter (Legal Representative) to a first three-year term as a member of the Land Bank Board of Trustees.
- Staff recommendation to appoint May Smith (Crawford County Representative) to a second three-year term as a member of the Land Bank Board of Trustees.
The following item was removed from the consent agenda:
- Commissioners voted to approve the Appropriation Ordinance for the period ending January 10, 2023, subject to the release of HUD expenditures when funds are received. Commissioner Brooks recused herself due to conflict.
The following items were considered under the main agenda:
- CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT – KATTIL – 1511 NORTH BROADWAY – Commissioners considered the recommendation of the Planning Commission/Board of Zoning Appeals to approve a Conditional Use Permit request submitted by Joshua Kattil to allow a church to operate at 1511 North Broadway. Commissioners voted unanimously to approve.
THE MAYOR’S MOMENT:
- In honor of National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, Mayor Seglie recognized all those who work in law enforcement and thanked them for their service.
- The Mayor discussed plans for a future town meeting to discuss cleaning up neighborhoods in Pittsburg. Pittsburg State University’s Big Event is planned for April 1, and the mayor is coordinating partner organizations and city departments to participate. The community and area civic organizations are invited to attend the town hall. A date for the town hall event is being considered for February and will be announced soon.