Emergency Repair Loan
The intent of this program is to assist low-income families to meet an immediate health and/or safety need. Loan maximum is $2,000 with 0% interest rate.
Immediate Health and/or Safety Hazards:
- Plumbing – Electrical – Mechanical – Structural
- Only hazards identified as an existing immediate health and/or safety hazard by the Community Development and Housing Department are eligible for this program.
- The hazard must be identified and the cost of repair as estimated by a licensed contractor must be provided at time of application
- Requests for ramps or other accommodations must be accompanied by proof of disability and the need must have occurred within the past six months
Housing Rehabilitation Loan
The intent of this program is to provide an opportunity for citizens of low-moderate income to obtain low interest loans for the purpose of upgrading their homes. Any rehabilitation work done under this program requires the home must, at a minimum, be restored to standard condition. Loan maximum is $18,000 with 2% interest rate for 15 years.
Rehabilitation projects can include, but not limited to the following:
- Roof Replacement
- Electrical repairs and/or replacements
- Plumbing repairs and/or replacements
- Furnace and/or heating unit repairs and/or replacements
- Weatherization of homes; including siding, windows, doors, attic insulation
- Elimination of barrier removal for the elderly and citizens with disabilities
- Bids provided to the homeowner by contractors for low-income loan will be accepted by the City of Pittsburg for individual properties only if the contractor is licensed and insured
- The approved contractor must agree to the terms as outlined in the Construction Contract Agreement, abide by City ordinances and building codes, and agree to work closely with the City’s Building Official from the Department of Public Works
For more information about the Low-Income Loan Programs, please contact the Community Development and Housing Office.