Recreation Field Supervisor
Published on February 6, 2024
Department(s): Parks and Recreation
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Performs responsible work assisting the Athletic Manger with athletic events, camps, activities for families and individuals of a variety of ages and abilities; oversees all support staff at these activities/events and shows leadership skills while handling on site record keeping and ensuring quality of facilities and quality of programs is met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting in athletic events; including light usage.
- Helps to maintain proper inventory of supplies, equipment, and submit request in advance for items needed.
- Assist supervising support staff, umpires and/or volunteers at athletic events.
- May perform custodial maintenance work. Set up tables, sports equipment, chairs, and bleachers for athletic events.
- Enforce rules and regulations of recreation and athletic programs.
- Update brackets and scores and submit to Athletic Manager
- Provide feedback on programs/events/activities to supervisor.
- Responsible for all incident / accident / ejection reports and all follow-up related.
- Maintain visibility and positive interaction towards members and program participants.
- Provide contracted staff (Umpires, Referees, Scorekeepers, etc.) with current rules and scorecards.
- Other duties as assigned by Athletic Manager or Recreation Superintendent
- Working directly with the public
- Decision making and problem solving
- Procedures, materials, tools, equipment, and safety hazards and precautions common to the assigned area of responsibility
- This position’s hours may vary. Hours may include some evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary to support scheduled events and tournaments.
- Accurately maintain records and prepare oral and written reports
- Interpret and apply City laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to indoor and outdoor park facilities, events, and programs
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee will work in both an indoor office environment as well as regularly working outdoors and will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions, including exposure to chemicals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Any combination of education, training or experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED