Parks Maintenance Worker
Department(s): Parks and Recreation
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Performs mowing and trimming of park areas and trails, sports field preparation and maintenance, trash pick-up, landscape maintenance, assisting full time staff as assigned, cleaning of park facilities and community centers, and grounds keeping for all areas maintained by the Parks division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for mowing and trimming of park areas and trails
- Sports field preparation and maintenance
- Trash pick-up
- Landscape maintenance
- Assisting full time staff as assigned
- Cleaning of park facilities and community centers
- Grounds keeping for all areas maintained by the Parks division
- These positions will work primarily day shift hours with occasional after hour work required.
- Must be available for occasional scheduled weekend work.
Salary Range: $9.00 – $13.00
- Materials and equipment used:
Lawn Mower Weed Eater
Tillers Field Conditioner
Hand Tools Paint Equipment and Supplies
The principal duties of all of these positions are performed outdoors and may include working in adverse weather conditions and hazards involving the use of power equipment and hazardous chemicals.