Administrative Assistant I – Memorial
Department(s): Memorial Auditorium Convention Center
Location: Pittsburg, KS
The principal function of the position is to assist in the daily operations of the auditorium including assisting with booking requests, box office, and serve as a support to auditorium staff; understand and operate the computerized ticketing system; provide information regarding performance time schedules, location of events, and pricing and seating arrangements; explain about box office policies, answering questions, and resolving routine problems regarding ticket sales; perform cash handling and cash drawer reconciliation; customer service for patrons and clients. Assist in concession stand sales, taking inventory and ordering of products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare a variety of reports for Auditorium Manager, Technical Director and Maintenance staff.
• Maintain and order office supplies.
• Collect invoices to send to accounts payable department and collect, review and send payroll timesheets;
• Assist in filling out requisitions and running reports for completion of grant applications.
• Prepare reservation reports for weekly meeting for staff review/discussion and record minutes for the Memorial Auditorium Advisory Board meetings.
• Work with outside individual groups and organizations to assure that the gallery has exhibits each month such as Beverly Corcoran Art Gallery, booking monthly displays and scheduling artists receptions.
• Answer inquiries about process deposits and refunds, payment for facility use, complaints, ticket sales, information about MACs upcoming events, and single admission tickets over the phone, in person and by mail.
• Serve at a cashier window; manage selling window and will call window on the night of events.
• Handle billing of general public rental, schools, corporations and organizations contracts to assure all payments are made prior to events;
• Prepare and reconcile cash drawers and daily receipts for bank deposits; record daily accounting transaction information; receive and verify monies from previous day.
• Create current event information and distribute by means of mailings, newspaper advertising, social network sites and displays.
• Operate a variety of standard office equipment such as the operation of a personal computer and various software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, etc.; understand and be able to use RecTrac and Ticket Sage.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to maintain effective working relationships with other City employees and the public and to use open communication with Auditorium Manager and staff regarding daily operations.
• Maintain important records efficiently and accurately and to prepare clear and concise reports.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency
• Automated ticketing software, ticket sales and/or customer service experience
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Previous cash handing experience is preferred.