For employment verification, please call the Work Number at 1-800-367-5690 and use employer code 120971.
Welcome to the City of Pittsburg Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department strives to provide customer-focused services and innovative solutions to optimize the City of Pittsburg’s most valuable resource, its employees. We strive to create and maintain a supportive work environment for all people and to provide excellent services to all citizens.
To accomplish this mission we work as a team to develop partnerships and communication with our internal/external clients and our co-workers. We promote personal and professional growth as well as job satisfaction for all City staff. We foster an environment in which employees’ creativity, productivity, and risk-taking are recognized, valued, and encouraged.
Human Resources Functions
- Employee Benefits
- Hiring & Recruiting
- Employee Achievements and Recognition
- Workers Compensation
- Family Medical Leave
- Leave and Attendance Management
- Classification and Pay Administration
The City of Pittsburg employs approximately 275 employees, in addition to several seasonal employees during the summer months. The City has a wide variety of positions that require varied skills and abilities from heavy physical labor to highly trained skills and technical expertise. Some of the jobs you can find with the City are:
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Management Leaders/Administration
- Parks & Recreation
- Codes Enforcement and Building Inspection
- Customer Service
- Police Officers & Firefighters
- Municipal Court Clerks
- Community Development and Housing
- Street Operations
Applications are accepted when job openings are posted.View Job Openings
Wages & Benefits
The City of PIttsburg offers competitive wages and excellent benefits.
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Pre-Tax Savings for Healthcare & Dependent Care
- Life Insurance Options
- Voluntary Accident Policy
- Retirement Plans
- Kansas Public Employee Retirement
- Kansas Police & Fire
- Voluntary Retirement Plans
- Voluntary Cancer Plan
- Death & Disability Benefits
- Paid Time-Off (Vacation, Sick and Holidays)
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
201 W. 4th St.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Phone: (620) 230-5589 Fax: (620) 231-0964
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Director of Human Resources
201 West 4th Street
Pittsburg, KS 66762