Engineering Division Responsibilities
Welcome to the Engineering division of the City of Pittsburg. We provide engineering assistance for minor improvements and large projects. Functions of the division include:
- Provide engineering assistance, including preparation of plans, specifications and estimates for minor improvements and projects.
- Supervise the preparation of plans, specifications and estimates by consulting firms for major projects.
- Supervise and inspect construction of public improvements and administering contracts connected therewith.
- Maintain records of all street lights installed and prepare and submit recommendations for altering and improving the street lighting system within the City.
- Properly index and keep in safe files, which shall be properly indexed, all survey field notes, benchmarks and elevation records, all maps, plans and profiles and all other engineering plans and records pertaining to public facilities such as water and sewer lines, public buildings, streets and all other public properties.
- Provide support for other City departments.
- Represent the City on committees and boards related to Public Works.
Commonly asked questions
|Who is required to fix my sidewalk?||The property owner is responsible for maintenance and repair.|
|Do I need a permit to pour a driveway?||No, but an inspection is required.|