Building Safety Division Responsibilities
Welcome to the Building Safety division. We are committed to advancing public safety in the built environment through collaboration and community partnership which results in safe, accessible and healthy structures.
Building Safety Functions
Report an Issue
Let us know through SeeClickFix, a powerful reporting tool that’s right at your fingertips! We’ve partnered with SeeClickFix to better engage the community and give you an easier way to report illegal dumping, potholes, code violations, and more with features to help you improve your neighborhood. Submit and track issues, find city information and much more!
Construction Information and Contacts
Scheduling all inspections: (620) 231-4170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building Official – Dexter Neisler | email@example.com | (620) 230-5517
- Inspector – Howard Toney | firstname.lastname@example.org | (620) 230-5639
- Inspector – Malachi Cook | email@example.com | (620) 230-5695
- Inspector – Brandon Shouse | firstname.lastname@example.org | (620) 230-5531
- Permitting – Andrea Holtzman | email@example.com | (620) 231-4170
Please submit building plans, permit applications, questions or inspection requests and business license applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address all fire suppression plans, questions or inspection requests to email@example.com.
Director – Matt Bacon firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address all water, sewer, stormwater, and road questions to the Public Utilities Department at (620) 240-5126.
City of Pittsburg Adopted Codes
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2011 National Electric Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2012 Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot tub Code
Applications may be obtained online. Call (620) 231-4170 for assistance. Permits will not be issued until plans have been reviewed and permit is submitted in full.
All contractors and sub-contractors must be licensed in the City of Pittsburg prior to a permit being issued.
All addressing will be assigned by the Building Official or designee.
All open trenching, footing and foundations deeper than 18” must have barrier protection in place when unattended.