Clean, repair and televise sanitary sewer lines. Operates sewer cleaning and televising equipment to determine problem areas.
• Ensure all collection system facilities and underground pipe functions properly, to protect the public and health and safety;
• Maintain work records relating to the scheduling of maintenance of the collections system;
• Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment;
• Communicate with supervisors and other workers, using equipment such as wireless phones, pagers or radios;
• Operate sewer cleaning equipment;
• Perform inspections of repaired sewer line before backfilling;
• Examine pipes for evidence of mud, roots, grease and other deposits indicating broken or clogged sewer lines;
• Perform utility locates prior to excavation;
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The City of Pittsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.