Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, sports management physical education or related field.
Minimum of four years’ experience with athletic programming.
Valid driver’s license is required.
CPR/First Aid/AED certification must be obtained within three months of employment.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen and physical.
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
• Effective communication and presentation skills with staff, participants, other department members and the public.
• Ability to write and maintain accurate reports, business correspondence and policy and procedure manuals.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and technical procedures.
• Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends and weekday nights as required.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff and the public.
• Knowledge of athletic/facility design specifications.
• Knowledge of a variety of sports, leagues and tournaments.
• Knowledge of principles of recreation programming.
• Knowledge of budget development and oversight, financial accounting, and cash handling and controls.
• Knowledge of basic mathematical skills and the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Knowledge of basic social media usage and marketing.
• Knowledge and skills with computers and software including Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use the computer keyboard and mouse, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works with use of vehicle. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.