Under the direction of the Recreation Program Leader – Kiddieland, responsible for supervising, monitoring, repairing and attending to park rides, including boarding and securing passengers, starting rides, and ensuring passengers exit safely. Must be organized, reliable and good with children ages 2-12. Hours of work vary based off facility schedule (see attached). Must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforce all safety regulations, rules and procedures.
- Assisting with daily ride and facility inspections.
- Inspect equipment to detect wear and tear; report when required.
- Sell and collect tickets for rides in addition to selling concession product when required.
- Ensure appropriate number of customers load onto rides.
- Ensure riders are the appropriate height and age for rides.
- Board, securely latch and unload passengers on and off rides.
- Explain safety procedures to riders.
- Operate equipment that starts and shuts down rides.
- Monitor patrons before, during and after ride operations.
- Clean up debris around ride.
- Perform minor custodial duties in facilities and surrounding park areas.
- Report accidents when required.