< Back to Jobs
Recreation Leader – Kiddieland
Department(s): Parks and Recreation
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Under the direction of the Recreation Superintendent, responsible for managing operations of Kiddieland Amusement Park and associated programs and events. Responsible for supervising and monitoring employees, repairing and attending to park rides, including boarding and securing passengers, starting rides, and ensuring passengers exit safely. Must be organized, reliable and good with adult and children ages 2-12. Hours of work vary based off facility schedule (see attached). Must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforce all safety regulations, rules and procedures.
- Coordinating and assisting with daily ride and facility inspections.
- Inspect equipment to detect wear and tear; report when required.
- Sell and collect tickets for rides in addition to selling concession product when required.
- Ensure appropriate number of customers load onto rides.
- Ensure riders are the appropriate height and age for rides and employees are enforcing ride rules.
- Board, securely latch and unload passengers on and off rides.
- Explain and/or demonstrate safety procedures to riders and employees.
- Operate equipment that starts and shuts down rides.
- Monitor patrons before, during and after ride operations.
- Perform minor custodial duties in facilities and surrounding park areas.
- Report accidents when required.
- Monitor, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate employees and performance.
- Approve and verify accuracy of employee timecards.
- Accounting and balancing daily revenue and completing daily revenue forms and deposits.
Salary Range: $11.00 – $17.00
- Working independently and directly with the public.
- Communicating with supervisors, peers and subordinates.
- Decisions making and problem solving.
- Performing general physical activities and operating.
- Accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Safety oriented
- Any combination of education, training or experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED.
- CPR/First Aid certification required by facility opening date.
- Some experience (1-3 years) experience working in Theme/Amusement Park, hospitality, business or other industry related area preferred; one year supervisory experience required; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must be 16 to apply.
- Operating amusement rides in outdoor setting during possible extreme heat.
- Ability to worked varied hours including evenings and weekends.