In close collaboration with, and on a day-to-day basis, conducts the following with the Technical Director:
– Discusses and understands the show concepts with the designer and/or TD
– Assist TD and GM in administration and supervision of all safety systems.
– Assist with Load-In and Strike for all events assigned
– Participate in all technical and staff meetings
– Assist in Daily operations of events
– Prepare, setup, and teardown of Auditorium equipment
– Assist with keeping work space stocked with necessary production materials and supplies
– For the duration of COVID-19, must assist with the cleaning of the facility
Regular attendance is an essential function of this job. Varied Hours including evening and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates computerized lighting and sound systems for events.
- Operates Video Switcher for Livestreaming and/or recording events
- Ensures the Auditorium and stage are in a constant state of readiness for oncoming stage events and performances.
- Assist Auditorium staff and volunteers in placement and operations of lighting and sound equipment.
- Oversees performances and rehearsals on stage as assigned.
- Ensure safety on the stage during performance.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable health, safety, ADA, OSHA and Memorial Auditorium guidelines, policies, and standard practices.
- Performs general maintenance and light repair on equipment. Assist in more complex repairs, maintenance and other related duties as required as assigned by the Technical Director.
- Constructs scenery; including understanding working drawings/elevations, cut lists, construction methods; pneumatics, hand tools, power tools, adhesives, foams, etc. Strong carpentry skills are required