PT Assistant Technical Director
Department(s): Memorial Auditorium Convention Center
Location: Pittsburg, KS
In close collaboration with, and on a day-to-day basis, conducts the following with the Technical Director:
– Assist TD and GM in administration and supervision of all safety systems.
– Participate in all technical and staff meetings
– Assist in Daily operations of events
– Prepare, setup, and teardown of Auditorium equipment
Regular attendance is an essential function of this job. Varied Hours including evening and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operates computerized lighting and sound systems for events.
• Operates Video Switcher for Livestreaming and/or recording events
• Ensures the Auditorium and stage are in a constant state of readiness for oncoming stage events and performances.
• Assist Auditorium staff and volunteers in placement and operations of lighting and sound equipment.
• Oversees performances and rehearsals on stage as assigned.
• Ensure safety on the stage during performance.
• Performs general maintenance and light repair on equipment. Assist in more complex repairs, maintenance and other related duties as required as assigned by the Technical Director.
• Skills in operating and maintaining TriCaster Video equipment, Sound console, and Lighting console.
• Ability to work with the public and artists of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work with and direct volunteers and part time hires on the technical aspects of theatre productions.
• Ability to work in genie lift at heights in excess of 25 feet. Work on catwalks and climb ladders at heights in excess of 40 feet.
• Ability to lift and carry weight in excess of 20 pounds regularly and 40 pounds occasionally
• High School Graduate or G.E.D. with course work towards Technical Theatre degree or related field.
• One to two years’ experience in theatre, or comparable education or experience plus a minimum of one year experience in working with the public.
• Must be willing to work at heights, around moving machinery, and with exposure to noise, vibration, and dust.
• Ability to work safely in an environment containing potentially hazardous electrical equipment, fumes, vapor, gasses, and/or materials.
• Materials and equipment used:
o Sound Board
o Light Board
o Video Switcher
o Sound Processors
o Lighting Instruments
o Computer and office software
o Counterweight system
o Hand Power Tools
o Video Projectors and Screens