Position: Part-time: 15-20 hours/week, this position is for afternoons/evenings and weekends
Starting pay range: $10.00/hour; $10.50 w/college degree
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director/Patron Services Manager
Please submit resume and schedule of availability with application
Definition of work:
The Pittsburg Public Library seeks an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills who is excited about providing front-line assistance to library patrons at the patron service desk.
Must have excellent customer service skills, strong keyboarding skills, and proficient experience with computers. Ideal candidate is reliable, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
The Patron Services Desk also serves as the hub of Curbside Service and Bookmobile Delivery.
- Staffs the patron services desk – greeting patrons, routing telephone calls, and checking library materials in and out
- Assists in managing overdue notices
- Calls patrons to inform them of overdue items and/or reserve materials
- Maintains patron confidentiality
- Operates a cash register, collects money, and makes change
- Locates materials patrons have reserved
- Work as a team member with other staff and volunteers
- Understand & explain library policies and procedures to patrons
- Registers patrons by determining eligibility according to library policy, checking identification, issuing library cards, and accurately entering customer data into the computer
- Schedule online calendars for both Curbside and Bookmobile
- Maintains current knowledge of materials, resources, programs, and services throughout the library, and refers patrons as needed
Undertakes other functions and duties as assigned