Part Time Custodian
Department(s): Information Technology
Location: Pittsburg, KS
The primary job function is to perform routine custodial and cleaning tasks in the afternoons and evenings at City Hall and other City facilities as needed. This position is a 20-30 hours per week position with the majority of the hours in the afternoons and evenings. Candidates must be able to pass a background and criminal history check.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Operate, maintain and perform minor repairs to powered custodial equipment including, but not limited to, vacuums, strippers, waxers, buffers, shampoo cleaners and power washers. Operate hand cleaning equipment including, but not limited to, brooms, dust and wet mops, dust pans, and dusters.
- Communicate effectively with other employees and supervisors.
- Using computers and computer systems to enter time worked, read and process email.
- Using time efficiently and productively.
- Knowledge of safety protocols working with chemicals used in cleaning.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalency.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Valid driver’s license is required, plus clean driving record.
Prolonged periods of standing. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach. Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Most work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions. Some work may be performed outside as needed.