Multimedia Production Specialist
Location: Pittsburg, KS
ABOUT THE TEAM
The City of Pittsburg Public Information Office is responsible for publishing timely, relevant, critical information to the public using the city’s official communication channels. The PIO office provides a positive, supportive, and dynamic work environment with professional development and learning opportunities, on-the-job training, equipment, and leading-edge technology. Working with city departments, elected officials, community leaders, and volunteers, this candidate will gain valuable experience and build meaningful relationships throughout the community. The ideal candidate for this position has a knack for visual storytelling through photography and videography, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, has a desire to learn new things, enjoys working with people, and is eager to make a positive impact on the Pittsburg community.
The Multimedia Production Specialist, under the supervision of the Public Information Manager, creates engaging content to educate the community and drive awareness through the development of multichannel campaigns using photography, videography, graphic design, and copywriting. This position assists with content creation and monitoring of the city’s official government social media accounts and helps oversee campaign development on various departmental social media pages. The Multimedia Production Specialist works closely with the communications team and department staff to establish and follow through on prioritized, coordinated communication strategies that drive forward the mission of the City of Pittsburg.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Graphic Design, Marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience – One to three years of related work experience preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere, After Affects, Photoshop, Illustrator) for still and video editing, color editing, production and digital animation.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in social media management preferred.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of planning and executing marketing plans preferred.
- High priority on self-development of teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed – evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Physical Requirements – Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
- Experience with video and audio hardware, video production equipment, and technology preferred.
- Experience with flying a drone preferred. Drone pilot training and licensing can be provided
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of job duties and responsibilities.
To review the city’s benefits, visit https://www.pittks.org/jobs/ and scroll to our “Benefits” section.