Maintain order in the pool and apply rescue and first aid skills when required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide safe supervision of all aquatic related areas.
• Identify potential accident hazards.
• Enforce all pool rules in a consistent manner.
• Handle discipline situations with courtesy and fairness.
• Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures.
• Administer first aid and CPR as required.
• Assists in the supervision and instruction of swimming programs when qualified.
• Follow department policies and procedures.
• Perform related tasks as assigned, including water quality checks, pool maintenance, cleaning of restroom facilities and other associated duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certification required by start of season.
• Must be attentive and caution patrons in various situations which may be dangerous.
• Must have ability to communicate with employees, supervisors and upper level management.
• Facilitate public relations with a positive and professional attitude, courtesy and tact.
• Must have ability to substitute for other staff members and follow substitution procedures.
• Must have ability to complete accident/incident reports thoroughly.
• Must have ability to attend all in-service trainings.
• Must have ability to work weekends and holidays.