Maintain order in the pool and apply rescue and first aid skills when required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide safe supervision of all aquatic related areas.
- Identify potential accident hazards.
- Enforce all pool rules in a consistent manner.
- Handle discipline situations with courtesy and fairness.
- Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures.
- Administer first aid and CPR as required.
- Assists in the supervision and instruction of swimming programs when qualified.
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Perform related tasks as assigned, including water quality checks, pool maintenance, cleaning of restroom facilities and other associated duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $10.50- $10.75
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certification required by start of season.
- Must be attentive and caution patrons in various situations which may be dangerous.
- Must have ability to communicate with employees, supervisors and upper level management.
- Facilitate public relations with a positive and professional attitude, courtesy and tact.
- Must have ability to substitute for other staff members and follow substitution procedures.
- Must have ability to complete accident/incident reports thoroughly.
- Must have ability to attend all in-service trainings.
- Must have ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 16. Full Red Cross Lifeguard including CPR/AED/First Aid certification required by 05/20/2022.
- Experience in performing lifeguard duties at a public pool is preferred but not required