- Operates all types of heavy equipment to excavate, grade or level earth for streets, alleys, sidewalks or other construction sites; fine grades, slopes, inclines, ramps, curves and unimproved streets and alleys. Performs work on all types of roadway surface from maintenance work to new construction. This includes but is not limited to asphalt, concrete and unimproved surfaces. This work involves the operation and maintenance of a wide variety of heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance work, and other duties as assigned. Operates loader, road graders, skid loaders, dump truck, in digging of ditches, cutting down slopes, and loading rock/gravel/snow on trucks. Performs emergency operations for various natural disasters to include, floods and storms
- Reports to the Streets Superintendent.
- Performs daily required service checks on equipment to be used for the day including checking and filling; fluids, pressures, and grease points.
- The primary duties of work are performed outdoors and may include working in adverse weather conditions.
- Work may involve 24-hour availability during emergency situations. This will include overtime and call back situations as required.
- Work in confined spaces and trench excavations as required.
- The job position summary, duties and responsibilities is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills or competencies with this job. Performs other duties as assigned.