The Market Manager is a part-time position (approximately 20-30 hours per week) with the majority of the hours being accrued from March through October. The Market Manager oversees the weekly Saturday morning and Wednesday afternoon markets and provides administrative functions to ensure a successful and vibrant market. The Market Manager will be responsible for Double Up Food Bucks and SNAP transactions as well as daily vendor payments. The Market Manager also will oversee promotions, programming, demonstrations, education and community outreach programs, and special events.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Manage the operations of the Saturday market from set up at 6:30 am through take down beginning at 12:00 pm during the market season.
• Assist Parks and Recreation staff with planning and managing activities for the market – volunteers, music, food demos, educational events, and community partners.
• Promote use of nutrition purchasing programs such as SNAP/EBT, Double Up Food Bucks & Senior Farmers Market.
• Maintain positive relationships and communications with all vendors, organize and run Pittsburg Area Farmers Market Advisory Board (Advisory Board) meetings, stay current with vendor offerings.
• Assist with researching, application, and administration of grants.
• Develop volunteer opportunities and coordinate volunteer activities.
• Be the spokesperson to the media, community, and other local markets regarding the Farmers Market during operating hours.
• Make recommendations to the Director of Parks and Recreation and the Advisory Board with regard to operation, policies, and regulations.
• Assist Parks and Recreation staff with producing vendor applications and regulation packets.
For a complete list of duties, please click on the job description link below.