1. The Facility Maintenance Technician I works under general supervision in performing facility maintenance tasks. Maintains and repairs city buildings, facilities, structures, assets and equipment; performs semi-skilled and skilled maintenance work involving painting, plumbing, carpentry, locksmithing, minor electrical, and HVAC.
2. Reports to the Facility Maintenance Supervisor
3. The primary duties of work are performed outdoors and may include working in adverse weather conditions.
4. Work may involve 24-hour availability during emergency situations. This will include overtime and call back situations as required
5. Work in confined spaces and trench excavations as required
6. Works at heights as required
7. The job position summary, duties and responsibilities are not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills or competencies with this job. Performs other duties as assigned. This position will provide mentoring to the Operator I and Apprentice positions.
Pay range is between $15-$23/hour depending on experience.
For a complete listing of duties and competencies, please click the job description link below.