The Deputy Finance Director plays a critical role in providing guidance to the employees within the Finance Department and all City Departments, in managing budgets, grants and capital improvement project funding. As a leader within the department, this role has significant influence on the performance of the Finance Department team and the City’s strategic fiscal planning and success.
This position will fill the role of the Finance Director in their absence, and should aspire to move to that role. Receives direction from the Director of Finance and occasionally the City Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides direct supervision to the Customer Service Manager, Payroll Manager and Staff Accountant I, Staff Accountant II. This includes instruction, mentoring, providing feedback, and coaching for performance.
• Assists the Finance Director and City Manager with the development and administration of the Annual Budget.
• Assists the Finance Director with the development of the annual Five-Year Financial Plan and the Five-Year Capital Improvements Plan.
• Provides Budget Analysis and Financial Guidance to City Departments.
• Ensures that City accounting and financial records are accurate. Assist the Finance Director with the annual audit and CAFR. Develops and recommends efficient practices and technologies to streamline procedures that also provide for internal control of City funds.