This position plays a critical role in providing guidance not only to the employees within the Finance Department, but to every department within the City by assisting them in budgeting their department operations for the upcoming year, and subsequently helping them manage their performance throughout that year. As a leader within the department, this role has significant influence on the quality of contribution the department makes to the City’s success. Receives direction from the Director of Finance and occasionally the City Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct supervision to the Customer Service Manager. This includes instruction, mentoring, providing feedback, and coaching for performance.
- Assist the Finance Director and City Manager with the development and administration of the Annual Budget.
- Assist the Finance Director with the development of the annual Five-Year Financial Plan and the Five-Year Capital Improvements Plan.
- Provides Budget Analysis and Financial Guidance to City Departments
- Ensure that City accounting and financial records are accurate. Assist the Finance Director with the annual audit and CAFR. Develop and recommend efficient practices and technologies to streamline procedures that also provide for internal control of City funds.
- Manages special projects and leads process improvements as assigned.