Performs a variety of manual work in support of such activities as conventions, luncheons, commercial exhibitions, and theatrical performances. Works irregular hours, evenings and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, work in accordance with fire code and other safety regulations and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Maintain decor in lower level entrances, keeping area appearance pleasing and safe for patrons.
- Coordinates with repair technicians and vendors, working around scheduled events.
- Moves, sets up, and takes down chairs, tables, moveable partition and other furniture according to special arrangements for commercial exhibits, conventions or other public activities.
- Maintain inventory and cleans of all supplies including linens, cleaning, electrical, carpentry, landscaping, parts for maintenance equipment and other event related items and reports shortages to Auditorium Manager.
- Hangs drapes, flags, curtains and similar objects.
- Washes walls, windows, mirrors, furniture, and fixtures as well as sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs and waxes floors; paints and performs minor maintenance as required.
- Operates light motorized equipment such as a floor scrubber, burnisher, fork lift, and light truck.
- Make list of all cleaning supplies needed and record chemicals in MSafety Data Sheet (SDS).
- Repair, replace flush valves, faucets and repair leaks as needed.
- Uses common tools, such as a hammer, screwdriver and/or ladder to make minor repairs and operates power-driven machinery, such as automatic scrubbers, vacuum sweepers, carpet shampoo machines, and buffers.
- Perform monthly and quarterly fire safety checks.
- Monitor sump pumps to ensure proper operation.