*Please note that we are currently accepting applications for this position, but are temporarily suspending the interviewing and hiring process due to COVID-19.*
Under supervision of Aquatic Center Maintenance Manager, responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of aquatic facility and adjoining areas. Checks pool water for proper temperature and purity, and makes or requests changes in chemical additives; sweeping pool decking; removing debris from the pool and adjoining areas. Tests and maintains pool chemical levels; maintains and uses protective equipment such as provided self-contained breathing apparatus; administers first aid and CPR when necessary; and complies with health and safety codes. Assists and maintains routine pump room duties and monitors and maintains pool filtration system. Performs pump room duties, including backwash, handling and installation of chemicals as necessary. Monitors pool water chemistry through testing of water samples. Adjusts chemicals as needed to maintain standards. Maintains records; cleaning, general operation, and maintenance of pool facilities. Responsible for sanitation and cleanliness of grounds and facility including but not limited to the lawn/grass, pump house, bath house and restrooms, pool and decks, and mechanical equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adjusts pool chemical and filter equipment.
- Performs maintenance tasks which include: moving 50-pound high-pressure hoses around the perimeter of the pool to wash the deck and furniture, scrubbing bathrooms and pool tile, and sweeping floors.
- Inspects pool equipment including diving boards, flume and mammoth slides, youth frog slide, ADA chair lift and any other equipment assigned or required.
- Operates, repairs, maintains and cleans mechanical equipment for pool operation including water filtration and chemical purification systems, intake and outlet valves, chemical feeders, pumps, compressors, seals, vacuum equipment, and chlorine metering devices; regulates water temperature and levels.
- Handles chemicals such as chlorine, sulfuric acid, and muriatic acid.
- Insures non-mechanical pool equipment meets code specifications.
- Performs all water tests and filters and adds necessary chemicals to ensure properly balanced, sanitized water quality.
- Begins and finishes all vacuum procedures, sanitizing swim decks, pool, decks, gutters and filters.
- Completes daily chemical test and maintenance reports.
- Uses small hand tools for minor pool maintenance and plumbing work, safety and rescue equipment, cash register, pool testing equipment, telephone, computer, pool vacuum, timing system, janitorial equipment including brooms, mops, squeegees, and plungers, motor vehicle.
- Operates a motor vehicle requiring a standard Kansas Driver’s License to attend off-site meetings and deliver/transfer equipment, supplies and facilities deposits.
- Secures locks on fences and buildings at closing.
- Other duties as assigned.