The City of Pittsburg, KS is currently seeking applicants for the position of Airport Attendant in the Public Works department.
The Airport Attendant maintains all areas of the City’s municipal airport that includes inspection and maintenance of runways, taxiways, buildings and grounds, airport and airfield lighting, aircraft fuel storage and distribution systems, security and fire systems, and airport emergency systems.
• Take payments for fuel sales and track inventory
• Maintains and inspects runway, taxiways, airfield lighting, and cleans and adjusts directional signage for pilot information and safety
• Assist with maintenance and repairs all airport electrical, lighting, and fuel equipment; maintains buildings, hangars, movement and non-movement area pavement, emergency equipment, and related equipment
• Performs airport safety and security inspections for compliance with federal, state, and local airport rules and regulations
• Performs minor maintenance, repairs, and inspections on all vehicles and heavy equipment
• Refuel airplanes; ground handling of aircraft; and assists the public as needed
• Keep airport pavement free of foreign objects and debris;
• Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City’s Safety Handbook.