The City of Pittsburg is developing a land use plan to guide future citywide development patterns. The planning process is underway. The Pittsburg Land Use Plan will serve as a guide for residents, property owners, developers, city and county staff members, and elected officials in making sound land use, design, and development decisions for the City of Pittsburg.
The primary goals of the planning process include the following:
- Equip city staff and elected officials with a road map for the future of land use planning within Pittsburg
- Provide for orderly, thoughtful, and high quality development that is consistent with the community’s goals for the city
- Establish a citywide land use framework to provide current and future residents with a Plan they can rely on now and moving forward
- Understand and identify the city’s current stormwater management system and necessary upgrades and improvements to adequately serve future growth
- Generate community buy-in through an interactive public engagement process, both online and in-person, to create a shared vision for the future
- Define next steps to ensure successful implementation of the Plan
Citizens are invited to participate in a community input session on Wednesday, July 17, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, at Block22 in the community conference room, 402 N. Broadway Street, Pittsburg. The goal of the event is to gather input from residents and to make sure the Land Use Plan reflects the needs and desires of the community.