- Provides operation and maintenance of the City’s sanitary sewer system.
- Maintains approximately 128 miles of underground pipes.
- Maintains approximately 2500 manholes for access to the system.
- Maintains 11 sewer lift stations.
- Replaces or upgrades sewer lines.
- Identifies stormwater infiltration in the City sewer system.
- Provides assistance to plumbers and residents who require new services or are experiencing problems with existing services.
Have a sewer problem?
The Public Utilities Department is here to assist you and is open Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We can be reached by calling 240-5126. After normal business hours, on weekends, or holidays, residents may call the Emergency After Hours number at 230-5630 (Water Treatment Plant) to report the problem.
Sewer line mains and the wye (connection to the sewer main) are the responsibility of the City to repair. All service lines from the wye to the home is the responsibility of the property owner. Any sewer line backup or clog from the sewer main to the house will be the responsibility of the property owner.