Open Records Policy
Requests for records must be submitted in writing at the city clerk's office:
201 W. Fourth St.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Please make your request as specific as possible. Most records will be produced within three business days from the time the request is received. If your request is denied, you will receive written explanation for the delay or denial.
Commonly requested records include:
- City budgets
- City ordinances
- City resolutions
- Minutes to open meetings
- Salaries of public officials
The Kansas Open Records Act
recognizes that some records contain information that is private in nature. For this reason, the act lists a number of records that are protected. Records that are exempted for this reason may include:
- Criminal investigation records
- Medical treatment records
- Notes and preliminary drafts
- Personnel information of public employees
- Records containing personnel information
- Records that were compiled for census purposes
- Records that are protected by the attorney-client privilege or the rules of evidence
For questions or more information about requesting records, please contact the city clerk at (620) 231-4100.