Go To Search
Contact Us
Drinking Establishment
A drinking establishment is a business that derives not less than 30% of its gross receipts from the sale of food on the licensed premises, and that is open to the general public, and where alcoholic liquor by the individual drink is sold.

Prior to being licensed by the City of Pittsburg, you will need to purchase a Kansas Drinking Establishment License from the State of Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). ABC is located in Topeka and can be reached at (877) 526-7738.

License Issuance
Once you have obtained your Kansas Drinking Establishment License, your premises has been inspected by the Codes Enforcement Division and Fire Department, and a fee in the amount of $250 has been paid to the city clerk, your City of Pittsburg Drinking Establishment License is issued. The license issued by the city clerk extends for the period covered by the state license.

  • A city business license is also required for all businesses within the city limits
  • Drinking establishments and private clubs are not permitted to serve, mix, or allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor on their premises between the hours of 2:00 am and 9:00 am on any day
  • No alcoholic beverages or cereal malt beverages may be dispensed, given, sold, or traded to any person under 21 years of age